Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Into week two

I am closing out my second Wednesday in Germany! I have not cried since Thursday (I think) and although I know it is ok to cry, I am proud to say it! I feel pretty good about being here.

Here is a basic idea of my schedule:
7am breakfast with family
9am-12pm German class
1pm lunch at home
4pm pick girls up from school (depending on day)
play time, things around the house
6:15pm supper

Depending on what the parents need, this changes a bit. I start the day bright and early and settle down around 8pm. Usually catch up with people from home around this time, watch an episode of 30 Rock on iTunes and go to bed. So far so good. (I have been using that saying a lot lately)

They eat a fair amount less than we do. They also eat the larger meal of the day for lunch. And yogurt is a dessert. Delicious bread. In general, this is a very nice place to live. I also am taking an aerobics class on Mondays. It is somewhat difficult but it is fun and is all in German so it is a good test of my ability to follow by example.

I will update more later this week. Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear you are doing better! The year will go by so quickly that you will wonder where the time went and why didn't I do... before I ran out of time. Do not put anything off - do it all - time goes by soooooooooo quickly!!!! Get some recipes so you can cook for us when you get home! We love and miss you!

    Di

    ReplyDelete